Re: building XF4 Server and driver so only?

On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 02:22:55PM +1100, Steven Hanley wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 03:05:07PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > grep '\*\*\*' log
> >
> > If this yields any results, check what the errors were.
>
> hmm fbdev.o error, due to no file picturestr.h anywhere, included from
> Xserver/fb/fb.h
>
> I thought I would build the fbdev one just to see if it is as slow as 3..36
> and such, for the heck of it, although I want the ati module.
>
> Oh well apart from that seems to have built fine.
>
> Now to try the install, and hope it will work.

hmm, it didnt, I stand corrected, it probably had not even gotten to the
ati driver when it tried that, the make install also failed in the fbdev
with the same error.

I looked, it has something to do with the new rendering stuff someone has
been putting into XF4 AFAIK, like AA text and other neat looking things.

I suppose for now, just to get it working I shall try turning the render
option off in my host.def

	See You
	    Steve

--