Re: paulus kernels - where are they gone ?

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 10:35:26AM +0100, Michael Flaig wrote:
> I wanted to download a new Version of Paulus´ Development kernel but
> when I checked kernel.xorxis.com I can´t find any Paulus Kernels.

well stable tree, all ppc stuff is merged ionto 2.2.18 (thanks to alan) and
thus ftp.kernel.org is the official site, unstable tree (2.4.*) however
kernel.org is broken on ppc, so grab the paulus rsyncs or bitkeeper things,
the paulus rsyncs are available as always from
rsync -avz --delete penguinppc.org::linux-pmac-stable or similar.

> Are the Patches merged in the official Kernel ?

see above.

> My second question is: Has anybody get pmud to run on a PowerBook "2000 Modell" !?
> when I install it, my Harddisk stops and the system can´t do anything. Mouse and
> Keyboard does work. The Harddisk suspends I think and doesn´t wake up again on access.

yesm I have it running on my brand new pismo, though I have yet to try
closing the lid while in linux, works fine it seems with 2.2.17 debian
kernel and 2.4.0-test12-pre3, nothing dies at least.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/