Re: paulus kernels - where are they gone ?

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 09:04:32PM +1100, Steven Hanley wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 10:35:26AM +0100, Michael Flaig wrote:
> > I wanted to download a new Version of Paulus´ Development kernel but
> > when I checked kernel.xorxis.com I can´t find any Paulus Kernels.
>
> well stable tree, all ppc stuff is merged ionto 2.2.18 (thanks to alan) and
> thus ftp.kernel.org is the official site, unstable tree (2.4.*) however
> kernel.org is broken on ppc, so grab the paulus rsyncs or bitkeeper things,
> the paulus rsyncs are available as always from
> rsync -avz --delete penguinppc.org::linux-pmac-stable or similar.

Couldn´t get the kernel but have got the problem with 2.4.0test11-paulus.

the rtc was my problem. If I compile in support the kernel hangs ...
If don´t compile it in the kernel does nothing for about 10 seconds
and then continued booting after setting the clock ...

> > Are the Patches merged in the official Kernel ?
>
> see above.
>
> > My second question is: Has anybody get pmud to run on a PowerBook "2000 Modell" !?
> > when I install it, my Harddisk stops and the system can´t do anything. Mouse and
> > Keyboard does work. The Harddisk suspends I think and doesn´t wake up again on access.
>
> yesm I have it running on my brand new pismo, though I have yet to try
> closing the lid while in linux, works fine it seems with 2.2.17 debian
> kernel and 2.4.0-test12-pre3, nothing dies at least.

hm ... I tink I´ll try the 2.4.0-test12-pre3 ...

suspend to ram is a feature i need ... shutdown and booting is bad ...

cu,

	mfl