Re: more colours with atyfb?

"Michel Dänzer" <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch> writes:

> "Jason E. Stewart" wrote:
> >
> > "Adam C Powell IV" <hazelsct@mit.edu> writes:
> >
> > > Speaking of >8 colors on atyfb, the 15- and 16-bit colormaps on my
> > > Mach64 VT (Motorola StarMax 3000/160 = pmac 4400 clone) are jacked
> > > up, both in the console and X, 2.2.18 and 2.4.0-pre12.  Tux is in
> > > ugly shades of orange, pink and green, and X (4.0.2, fbdev driver)
> > > colors are all over the place, though the background and text colors
> > > in the console are not bad.
> > >
> > > Has anyone else seen this?  What should I do to further investigate,
> > > or maybe patch?
> >
> > The interesting thing is that I see this even when running
> > applications on my pismo and displaying it on other X servers. So
> > that seems to indicate that it's not a Server issue, no?
>
> What machines do you display to? Do local apps look right on them?

I display on a intel p100 box running debian and XF3.3 from potato.

> BTW on the Pismo, depth 15 works fine for me with X 4.0.2. aty128fb needs to
> be fixed for depth 16, I'm very close but can't get the colormap right. Help
> much appreciated.

Yes, it's been a while since I ran the X server of the pismo (Oh, how
I would dearly, dearly love to be able to drive an external
monitor). It works fine with depth 15.

jas.

PS. Has anyone but Rob Minerick succeeded in getting the pismo to run
X on an external monitor? I cannot seem to get it working with either
a 2.2 or a 2.4 kernel. Help appreciated.