Re: Can't mount a ext2 partition correctly in Debian Linux 2.2.17

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 09:23:19AM +0800, Paul Chu wrote:
> I boot my PowrMAC by a Debian 2.2 CD ,partition my hard
> disk, and then mke2fs my /dev/hda1 for installation. But if the
                           ^^^^^^^^^

i severly hope you mean /dev/hda2 or /dev/hda3, if you really mean
/dev/hda1 that would be your problem, mac partitions tables have this
peculiar setup where the partition table itself IS a partition, the
first partition.  thus /dev/hda1 is always your partition table, not
your first partition.

> block size of mke2fs is 4096, then when I mount the partition,
> some error messages will show up as follows,
>
> "EXT2-fs error (device ide0(3,1))  ext2-check-blocks-bitmap error:
                         ^^^^^^^^^

yup /dev/hda1 this is your problem, unless you used DOS partition
tables to partition your disk (generally not a good idea unless you
know what your doing) you just trashed your partition table.

repartition your disk again, but this time don't mkfs /dev/hda1.

just out of curiosity why didn't you let dbootstrap take care of the
mkfs steps?

[snip]

--
Ethan Benson