Re: [help] mesh - target 0 aborted

On  18 Dec, this message from Takehiko Abe echoed through cyberspace:
> I keep getting the follwing message at the boot time.
>
>     scsi0 : MESH
>     scsi1 : 53C94
>     scsi : 2 hosts.
>     mesh: target 0 aborted
>
> The aborted target 0 is a HFS formatted internal scsi HD
> (quantum fireball id=0)
>
> My box is PowerMac9600 (Debian 2.2.17)

Try putting your Fireball on a different ID. This was FAQ a very long
time ago when MkLinux started supporting the 7/8/9x00 PCI-based
machines... Nobody ever came up with any sort of explanation, but moving
the disk to a different SCSI ID helped most of the time.

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |