Promise Ultra100 PCI adapter success

Just thought I'd post this, in case anyone is interested.. I've had
trouble finding decent-priced SCSI drives that had built-in
termination (do they even exist anymore?!?), so after going thru
three different drives, I decided I'd do something a little nutty...
..I went down to the local PC wholesale shop thing and got
myself a Promise Ultra100 PCI card and an 20GB IDE drive
(the two together were $150...... sure beat the $260 for a
SCSI drive of the same size).  I was certain it wouldn't work,
but lo and behold, it was probably one of the least painful
things I've installed in a while :)  Two sets of kernel patches
(Michel Lanner's PCI patches and Hedrik's IDE patches),
one kernel build, and bingo, works like a charm.  Not to
mention it's loads faster than my SCSI drives (mostly
because they are on the int MESH SCSI controller, and
I didn't feel like shelling out $300 for a good SCSI
controller).  Needless to say, 13MB/s is not *that* bad,
and 20GB for $150 ($105 for the drive) just can't be
beat.

Anyhow, just thought I'd let everyone know, just in case
anyone out there needs some massive space cheap..

Regards,
Jonathan