Re: trouble with removing xlib6g

Björn Johansson wrote:

> I'm having trouble with removing xlib6g. xlib6g can't be removed because
> approximately 100 other packages needs it. How do I force the system to
> remove it(with dpkg)? I have tried with dpkg -r and also with dpkg -r
> --remove xlib6g. I have also looked many times in the man page but I
> haven't figured out how to do it :(.

Could probably be done with --nodeps, but read further down first please.

> The package xlibs_4.0.1-10.deb(from woody) which I installed yesterday
> on my potato system installed nicely without any problems.

I think you should also upgrade to the xlib6g from woody, is that why you're
trying to remove the one you have? Doesn't it work directly with apt-get?

> I had to install this new X-server because KDE needed it, now let's hope
> it's as stable as the 3.3.6 =). It feels faster :).

Yep, the Permedia2 acceleration definitely makes a difference. :)

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project