Re: problems with perl 5.6 and debconf

In article <20001216143328.A17295@drow.them.org>, Daniel Jacobowitz
<dan@debian.org> wrote:

>version of perl everywhere.  That's why it was a hardlink.

But the postinst still uses update-alternatives, it just doesn't seem to
work. Hmm. Ok, it's not a problem. It does work now and the possibility
to switch perls did help with one problem. At least I know what I
changed and so it shouldn't pose a problem, especiall since I am now on
5.6 as was intended.

>I would argue that "most" packages are not still 5.005; I have a perl
>5.6 system running flawlessly.  What is causing you problems?

As I answered myself, braindamage on my side, I forgot to install all
parts of perl 5.6 ;-(

>Almost everyone else seems to disagree with you.  Debconf -is- the
>Debian configuration system.

Did it ever happen that sarcasm hit you over the head and you didn't
notice? ;-)

bye, Georg

--
http://www.westfalen.de/hugo/