Re: problems with perl 5.6 and debconf

Just an observation:
We found ourselves removing and reinstalling debconf
and /var/lib/debconf on every machine.  That's not a big
deal **once we figured it out.**

The second observation is that yes, there seemed as of
last week few modules for 5.6, most were still 5.005.
Storable was an issue for us.  We had to build it from
CPAN.

The other observation relates to that: older non-packaged
modules that we'd built from CPAN were causing problems.
That's to be expected, though they had been there so
long we'd forgotten.  I think what happened is that
/usr/local/site-perl moved **ahead** of 5.005 in the
search path.

It's just cruft; I'm figuring a complete wipe and
reinstall of perl once the bigger proportion of the
modules are up to 5.6.  YMMV.

cfm