Re: Considering switch back to Linux, some questions

Olaf Grewe wrote:

> Michael Schmitz wrote:
>
> > Power management exists in the kernel, supported by the user space PMU
> > daemon (pmud) that's available in unstable (though it should install fine
> > on a stable system).
> >

> So, why is it then, that I don't get a result, if I search the debian
> package list at debian.org for pmu (description, any, any)?

Because the package search database is x86 only. Best is to use
apt-search or good ol' google.

> And now that I wrote anyway: Can I override /etc/apt/sources.list using
> a apt-get command line option?

Don't think so, you have to modify sources.list and then run apt-get
update, and then you upgrade the software, but you can download the
software by hand and use it.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera