RE: New to debian questions...

Just wanted to drop a line and say that I got Xpmac in.  I was
able to get the binary from sourceforge, and things went well.

It also seems to have helped a little with the mouse problem
that I've been having.  (I can now mouse for a few
hours at a time, and went it goes restarting X brings it right
back up. That wasn't true when using FBDev.)

I may get all of my experiences down with this issue
and put it into some kind of troubleshooting thing. I've
seen references to usb mouse problems on the LinuxPPC lists
and on the debian lists.  Getting all of this stuff(like
the issues running gpm and X at the same time. LinuxPPC defaults
to that without the  mouse pointing to /dev/gpmdata) into
a single document might be not be a bad idea.

When I have a rough draft, should I post it here for
comment from my betters?

>> 3) I've seen from my searches on the net that installing netscape on
debian
>> is some kind of issue. I know that all apt-get install seems to generate
is
>> broken dependancies.  Is there any resource that I could read on how to
get
>> this to work? [Searches on this list didn't find anything. I was probably
>> looking at the wrong search criteria].

>Just install communicator-smotif directly. 'apt-cache search
>communicator-smotif' will show you the available versions.
Thanks, this also worked in the first go.  I've been using
debian for a total of <1 week now, and I still have
a lot to learn! [Like setting up printers, my next task!]

>Michel

>--
>Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)  \  CS student and free software
enthusiast
>Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI
Project
Thanks again,
RobK
The GLIMS Project