Re: Configuring XF4 for Lombard

Sergio Brandano wrote:

>  I am trying to configure XF4 for Lombard.
>  The distribution is the latest from Debian,
>  where I added the fbdv v4.0.1 of the LinuxPPC
>  distribution (Debian still has the old version).
>  You can find my XF86Config and the resulting
>  log at the following address:
>
>  http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/~sb/XF4

Thanks for providing the necessary information.

>  The PCIBUS is set to 0:16:0, so to allow reading
>  the log. It should be set to 0:17:0, but if I
>  do so, the system crashes.

According to your log, 0:17:0 should be correct. And it should crash for the
wrong value actually. What does 'lspci | grep VGA' give?

Hmm, at least 4.0.1f works for me. Do you use atyfb for console? Have you
tried the ati driver (caution, this will most definitely require Michael's
kernel patch)?

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project