Re: /dev/mouse on iMac

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Torsten Anders wrote:

> what is the device file where I may find the mouse on an iMac (DV).

Probably /dev/usbmouse. If you are using a recent kernel with the new
input layer enabled, then it will be at /dev/input/mice instead.

> And BTW: is there any ppc port for X config tools like XF86Setup or
> xf86config?

There is a tool for PowerPC called Xautoconfig, but I believe it still
does not work on Debian (mostly because of differences in filesystem
layout).

If you upgrade to XFree 4, the configuration tools in woody will produce
an almost-working config file -- I just had to add the BusID for for my
graphics card.