xserver-xfree86: 4.0.1-11 vs. 4.0.1-12

Hi. I noticed when I last did an update that the version
of xserver-xfree86 is still 4.0.1-10 in the binary version,
but that the source archive is 4.0.1-11; also, Branden mentioned
that he's compiling 4.0.1-12.

Did you mean to say 11? I suspect that 4.0.1-12 will probably be
ready before I could download the 50 megs of source and compile
11, but if I downloaded and compiled 11, would it work?

Is it an x86-only upgrade, more or less?

How long did the compile take?

Finally, the iBook is currently set up to not use anything but the
standard debian repositories (potato, woody, proposed updates...).
I don't have any of the "extra" sites for gnome and the like in
sources.dist, because I figured sticking with standard debian would
make for a more stable and easier-to-upgrade, less-conflicts setup.

I have noticed, however, that sawfish seems to be absent; all they
have is a .20 version of sawmill. What's up?

Phil
pgf@globalreach.net