Re: USB mouse in X

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Tim Hodgson wrote:

> I changed the relevant line in /etc/gpm.conf to read 'repeat_type=raw'
> - correct? and made the change to /dev/mouse.  However, after
> rebooting, the mouse was frozen again, and even killing gpm made no
> difference.

This is unusual. If you want to get gpm running properly, try fiddling
around with "gpmconfig" on the console. Make sure that XF86Config is using
/dev/gpmdata or a symlink to it as the mouse device.

Alternately, you could just get rid of gpm. You won't be able to use the
mouse while in textmode, but if you always run X then you probably won't
mind. You can do this by changing the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d so that gpm
doesn't run on boot.

If you don't want to muck with those, you can just remove the package:

apt-get remove gpm