Re: sound support on a Pismo

"Stephen Judd" <Stephen.Judd@cyberelves.com> writes:

> I downloaded and built 2.2.18pre-something-or-other from Paul McKerras'
> stable tree last night. I was startled and pleased to hear a mighty beep
> from the speakers. Unfortunately, neither my trackpad nor my USB mouse
> work with that kernel.
>
> Ben, reading http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/, I thought the changes
> that required updating /dev had not yet been merged into Paul's tree? Is
> that still true? Do I need to update /dev as you describe? Or have I
> just failed to get my kernel configuration right?

According to penguinpower.org linux-pmac-benh has been merged into
Paul's linux-pmac-stable, so my guess is you got the changes. But you
would have had to choose to enable the configuration, so just go and
disable them, and re-make.

In 'General Setup', set the 'Enable new input layer' to 'n'.

Or you could just go in and disable the options by hand in .config and
run make oldconfig, before re-making. The options you would want to
fix are:
# CONFIG_NEW_INPUT_LAYER is not set
# CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV is not set
# CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBDEV is not set
# CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV is not set

jas.

--MAA00939.975613350/amadeus.jasonstewart.net--

--NAA02529.975617010/amadeus.jasonstewart.net--