Re: XFree 4.0.1-8 won't run on r128/ppc

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 08:21:26PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Hell, -8 won't even patch on my box ( the 001_something diff just barfs
> with 23-odd rejects). The one I tried before (-6) I got to compile but
> couldn't create the xserver-xfree86 package, which is why I asked about
> any black magic involved there. For all I can tell, XFree 4.01 isn't
> exactly trivial to build on PPC, so packages being a bit out of sync
> doesn't strike me as odd.
>
> I'll continue trying xfree builds as I see new releases, but I can't spend
> a whole lot of time to investigate build problems, sorry.

Okay, well, I just inherited my girlfriend's 7200/90, so once I get it
upgraded to woody I can give it a shot.  I compiled 3.3.6-11 on it last
night just to see how long it would take.  5h46m.  Faster than m68k, at
least...

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     A committee is a life form with six or
Debian GNU/Linux               |     more legs and no brain.