Re: CHRP boot disks

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-powerpc/current/chrp/
> images-1.44/
> >
> > It can not be rescue.bin because that image will not fit on a
> dos-format'ed floppy.
> >

>You need to download that file, along with root.bin, and use the following
>commands:

>dd if=rescue.bin of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024
>dd if=root.bin of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024

>{obviously, switching disks in between}  The disk images are intended to be
>written block by block onto the disk, which is why they can't be just
>copied over.  I believe that the destination disk type is either ext2 or
>minix, depending on the date of the distribution, and the mood of the
>developer I suppose.

>----------
>Eric Reischer
>CCIL Network Administrator
>emr@ccil.org

No, just as Marco pointed out (atleast for all RS/6000 CHRP systems, including the B50) the
boot image needs to be copied to a DOS format'ed floppy as a regular file. This is an artifact of
Open Firmware and should therefore be applicable to all systems with OF.

Rolf

--
Rolf Brudeseth
RS/6000 Workstation Development, IBM Enterprise Systems Group