Sound on a PowerMac

Hi.

I recently installed GNU/Linux 2.2 on a PowerComputing PowerBase 180.  I am using Enlightenment as the window manager.  I can't get any sound.  When I choose "Settings:Audio Settings..." and select "Enable sounds,"  I encounter the following error message:

  Error initialising sound
  Audio was enabled for Enlightenment but there was an error
  communicating with the audio server (Esound). Audio will
  now be disabled.

I didn't see any startup messages in the log pertaining to sound problems.  Where should I begin looking in order to fix this problem?  What could be the cause of it?

Thanks,
Donnell

Get to know http://www.quepasa.com
Cool tools, free Internet, new sabor!