Re: Sound on a PowerMac

Hi!

Is sound Hardware installed ?
- kernel Module loaded ?
- Can you do this: " cat vmlinuz > /dev/dsp " ?

Are you in group audio?
- in /etc/group:
audio:x:29:<loginname>

If everything is configured well you can do this:

look if esd is running : "ps ax | grep esd"
if not ...
Start X and enlightenment. Go to Xterm and start the E Sound Daemon manually with "esd"
perhaps you have to restart enlightenment.

Hope it´s running now ...

cu,
mfl