Re: need help for testing a patch in a package

Othmar Pasteka wrote:

> hi,
>
> [[ Please mail me directly not to the list, i am NOT subscribed
> to it, thanks ]]
> i have a package named dcd, another cd player. i made a patch but
> to be sure it also works on other archs than mine (x86) i need
> someone who has a big endian machine (which ppc user generally
> have ;)), a cd player and a sound card.
> the program has to play the cd, surprise, surprise. anyway,
> everyone who wants to help me is welcome and i appreciate it.
> he/she should contact me via a private mail, imho it's the best
> solution. especially when i am not subscribed to this list, but
> see above.
>
> so long and thanks for your help
> Othmar

As far as I know, a CD player that doesn't rely on reading raw data from
the CD (even though I'm not sure it would be a problem either) would
work equally well on all arches Linux supports.

If you want us to test your patch, could you please send us the url(s)
where we could get the original software and the patch, I think that
would help a whole lot.
If you attached the patch to your mail, it didn't get here (maybe
because you're not subscribed to the list).

Cheers

--
/Hadess
http://hadess.net