Re: usb support

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 09:06:26AM +0000, Hadess wrote:

[billshit trolling snipped]

> Yes, there are absolutely no problem, 'till the day you
> 're not gonna be able to bootup your computer because
> you made a syntax error in your yaboot.conf.
> yaboot is the boot-loader, and ybin could be the equivalent
> of the lilo binary on an x86, it installs the boot-loader
> and checks if you confiuration is ok.
>
> Make a mistake in your yaboot.conf _on the bootstrap
> partition_ and you're done.
>
> Up to you to use your computer like you want...

furthermore the SuSE methods are not reliable, MacOS will still most
of the time debless that bootstrap partition, i have tested this on
multiple machines here and that is EXACTLY what happens.   and excuse
me for knowing something about this, ive only been dealing with this
type of fake system folder nonsense for *five years* in my previous
job.

also if you actually bother to read my posts you will see that i say
the the ****DEFAULT**** OF configuration will not boot your bootstrap
partition unless its first, that means *MacOS* will be boot *NOT*
yaboot.

its bastards like that who make me wonder why i put so much time into
writing this utility and doing all the work of researching boot
problems and how to setup the *most reliable* bootstrap.   but if
people really want me too ill be more then happy to take down my web
pages, stop maintaining and distributing ybin, stop writing
documentation and answering questions on these lists, just say the
word.  this all takes ALOT of my time i could spend elsewhere if
nobody wants my efforts.

fortunatly for everyone else i get far more thanks for my efforts then
ungrateful flaming.

welcome to my killfile.  (not you Hadess)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/