usb support

Hello everyone!

I am currently trying to install debian on a powermac g4, and usb seems to
be causing some problems. Just to experiment, I tried booting without the
keyboard and mouse plugged in, and it booted ok, but of course I couldn't go
anywhere from there. Could anyone tell me what's going on??? Also, if anyone
has installed successfully on a similar machine, telling me any quirks they
ran into would be great too.   Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

-Chris Bryan
 mp3.com/acidrain