Re: yaboot on iMac/DV and iBook firewire

Sorry,

seems like some files got lost

Hadess wrote:

> Quoting Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net>:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 12:45:13PM +0200, Hadess wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I updated yaboot to the potato-proposed-updates and I still have the
> > same
> > > problems:
> > > yaboot console not showing up (even with the install-console keyword)
> >
> > does it work blind?  or does it not work at all?
>
> If I just run ybin, and show up the Open Firmware, on "boot" it says:
> Parsing <CHRP-BOOT>
>
> DEFAULT CACHE!, code=70 at %SRR0: ff80c1c0 %SRR!: 0000b030
>
> > > yaboot choice not showing up on the OF OS selector (option key)
> >
> > something is very very wrong here.
>
> I reckon it is because the CHRP script gives an error, and is therefore not
> considered bootable.
>
> > > yaboot *not* being the default OS after a OF reset, and simply using
> > "boot" (on
> > > both machines, the Apple_Bootstrap partition is before the MacOS one,
> > if one
> > > exists...)
> >
> > have you FULLY reset your OpenFirmware?
>
> Alt-Apple-P-R on the chime, hold 'till you listen to the second chime...
>
> > > Ethan, I'm gonna update to the woody version, check it, and if
> > necessary to the
> > > latest unpackaged version.
>
> I have not yet done so.
>
> > i need to see:
> >
> > your complete /etc/yaboot.conf
> > output of ybin -V
> > output of `nvsetenv'  (using new powerpc-utils package)
>
> I don't know if nvsetenv is new enough... It prints some weird stuff at the
> end...
>
> > output of mac-fdisk -l /dev/hda
> >
> > if all that is correct we may be looking at a new incompatible OF...
> > i certianly hope not, does anyone else have one of these machines?
> > and if so are you having these problems?
>
> I really hope it is not some new changes they've made only to this machine, I
> already can't get the sound, and dri to work... (yeah, 2.4.0-test9 with sound
> compiled in oopses, and module is broken :/)
>
> /Hadess
> http://hadess.net
/dev/hda
        #                    type name                   length   base       ( size )  system
/dev/hda1     Apple_partition_map Apple                      63 @ 1          ( 31.5k)  Partition map
/dev/hda2          Apple_Driver43 Macintosh                  54 @ 64         ( 27.0k)  Driver 4.3
/dev/hda3          Apple_Driver43 Macintosh                  74 @ 118        ( 37.0k)  Driver 4.3
/dev/hda4        Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh                  54 @ 192        ( 27.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda5        Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh                  74 @ 246        ( 37.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda6          Apple_FWDriver Macintosh                 200 @ 320        (100.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda7      Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh                 512 @ 520        (256.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda8           Apple_Patches Patch Partition           512 @ 1032       (256.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda9         Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap                1600 @ 1544       (800.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda10        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root                  2097152 @ 3144       (  1.0G)  Linux native
/dev/hda11        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap                   262144 @ 2100296    (128.0M)  Linux swap
/dev/hda12        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 home                  4194304 @ 2362440    (  2.0G)  Linux native
/dev/hda13        Apple_UNIX_SVR2 opt                   8988115 @ 6556744    (  4.3G)  Linux native
/dev/hda14              Apple_HFS untitled 2            4096000 @ 15544859   (  2.0G)  HFS
/dev/hda15             Apple_Free Extra                      21 @ 19640859   ( 10.5k)  Free space

Block size=512, Number of Blocks=19640879
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
Drivers-
1: @ 64 for 23, type=0x1
2: @ 118 for 36, type=0xffff
3: @ 192 for 21, type=0x701
4: @ 246 for 34, type=0xf8ff

ii  powerpc-utils  1.1.3-2        Various utilities for Linux/PowerPC

little-endian?=false
real-mode?=false
auto-boot?=true
diag-switch?=false
fcode-debug?=false
oem-banner?=false
oem-logo?=false
use-nvramrc?=false
use-generic?=false
default-mac-address?=false
real-base=-1
real-size=-1
load-base=0x800000
virt-base=-1
virt-size=-1
pci-probe-mask=-1
screen-#columns=100
screen-#rows=40
selftest-#megs=0
boot-file=
boot-screen=
console-screen=
diag-device=enet
diag-file=,diags
input-device=keyboard
output-device=screen
input-device-1=scca
output-device-1=scca
mouse-device=mouse
oem-banner=
oem-logo=
nvramrc=
boot-command=mac-boot
default-client-ip=
default-server-ip=
default-gateway-ip=
default-subnet-mask=
default-router-ip=
boot-script=
aapl,pci=/offscreen-displayÿgprfÿÿ?ÿ?ÿ/@f2000000/@17/@f300ÿbkltÿÿ?
ÿ??ÿ?ÿ/@f0000000/@10ÿMBLMÿÿ?Tÿ??ÿ?ÿ??ÿ?ÿ
boot-device=hd:9,\\:tbxi
## example yaboot.conf for ybin and yaboot 0.6
## see man yaboot.conf for more details.

## change to your bootstrap partition ie /dev/hda2
boot=/dev/hda9
device=hd:
timeout=20
install=/boot/yaboot
magicboot=/boot/ofboot.b

image=/vmlinux
	label=Linux
	root=/dev/hda10
	read-only
	partition=10
	append= "video=aty128fb:vmode:10:depth:16:"

ybin 0.23
Written by Ethan Benson

Copyright (C) 2000 Ethan Benson