Re: Disabling Trackpad.

> >I'd be willing to take over this package, as soon as the DAM creates
> >my account etc. (I'm almost through the NM process).
> >
> >Where do you put the upstream source for pmud.  I looked at the url
> >listed in the debian/copyright file in the current debian package for
> >pmud, and that just had version 0.7 with a trackpad.c w/o the 'status'
> >option.

The status change isn't in the upstream pmud source yet, I added it in
debugging the pmud trackpad state code and notified Stephan that there's a
patch to trackpad.c in the latest Debian pmud diff. As trackpad doesn't
even get compiled by the pmud package build I'm sure it's considered low
priority there :-)

> Well, I didn't know trackpad.c had a maintainer ;) In fact, I wrote this
> little utility and posted it on my page a looong time ago, it has been
> floating around since then.

Yep, I got it from you way back, and I may have suggested to Paul to
include it with pmud while he was working on pmud. Or Stephan found it and
added it. I should really send you the patch as well :-)

> We could probably package pmud & trackpad together as "pbook-utils" package.

I'd rather suggest to package trackpad, fblevel and some other odds and
ends (mousehack still alive?) as pbook-utils or in powermac-utils, and
make pmud depend on that. So people won't need to install the 'insecure'
pmud package.

	Michael