Re: Please test: pmud 0.7-2 in unstable (was: Re: pmud 0.7-1)

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 12:24:17PM -0700 or thereabouts, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > Does MacOS X not run on the 3400 then?
>
> No G3, no luck ;)

yeah, unfortunately :(((

> BTW, as a 3400 and pmud user, I can report that I had to comment out the
> the hdparm lines from pwrctl to get reliable operation.  Also, I had

do you have hdparm installed on your machine? I know that for a while, I thought that
pmud didn't work on the 3400 because it crashed my machine on wakeup.. until I discovered
that hdparm hadn't been installed...

> problems with pmud spontaneously shutting off the network on me (there was
> some low power state in pwrctl that did that) that I also commented out.
>
> I haven't tried updating to pmud 0.7, I'm still using an aliened version
> of 0.6 rpm.  I'm not going to unstable anytime soon, based on the postings
> I've seen ;)

It's not _that_ bad! ;)  but I just can't resist unstable.. every time I install I tell
myself "ok, this time I stay with stable", but not a day later, I'm apt-get upgrade-ing to
woody ;)

Patrix.

--
I live the way I type; fast, with a lot of mistakes