Re: debian-powerpc: autoreboot on power failure

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 02:37:05PM +1100, Brendan J Simon wrote:

> Our company had a power outage over the weekend and our Debian PowerMac
> G4 did not reboot.  Is it possible to get these to reboot automatically
> ?  I'm assuming it can and it is some sort of open firmware or parameter
> ram setting.

there is a way to turn that on, but its not permanent, so you would
have to add an initscript to reset the flag again on every boot.

as for the utility there is a few hacks (quite undocumented) on
http://penguinppc.org/dev/pmac  (iirc)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/