Re: Motorola Starmax 3000/180, RTL 8139/8029, and a /big/ quandary

Kurt Raschke wrote:

> So, what's involved in doing the null modem PPP install?  I've already got a
> cable that I can use to connect my i386 box and my Starmax, but I don't know
> how to set up a PPP server, nor do I know how to get the installation
> program to use a null-modem connection.  Note that I'm talking about the
> program that runs after the system reboots on its own.

A PPP connection over a null modem cable is basically a 'normal' PPP
connection. You need almost the same /etc/ppp/options file (just reverse the
IP addresses ;) on both ends: disable authentication, dialing (use an empty
dial script e.g.) etc.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project