Re: kernel 2.2.17 compile problems

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:
> am i the only one who thinks it would be cool to have at least sparc
> style compressed images for yaboot?  (gzip -c vmlinux > vmlinuz)

FYI, these can be called `m68k style compressed images' as well.

Anyway, on all machines where you don't boot kernel images directly but use an
additional bootstrap command, it should be fairly easy to add support for
gzipped images to that bootstrap command.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds