Re: How do I use those PowerMac images-1.44?

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 12:39:25AM -0700, Sam Powers wrote:

 Would it be helpful if there were an app to bypass all the woogery, that
 $newbie could drop a disk image on the app and have it written to a
 floppy for 'em?

yes VERY helpful, this would probably not be all that hard to write,
you could probably do it in applescript as disc copy is scriptable and
i think there is even a way to set file types with applescript along
with locking the file.

i don't know applescript well enough to do this and long ago lost
interest in dealing with macos on this level.

at the moment its easier to create images in DOS (and easier yet on
unix of course) then in macos.  how ironic.

Well, I _do_ happen to be an AppleScript wiz, and I know that the processes that you mentioned are easy to do through AppleScript (I do 'em every day). However, I'm not familiar with the entire process that folks are talking about, or what the goal is.

I just joined the list yesterday. I want to load Debian Potato onto my G3 Powerbook. I have the CDs, but they aren't bootable. Now I have to figure out exactly what goes on.

Any references that I should read to give me a hand loading this? I've already installed Potato on another machine, but this is my first PPC installation.

Once I know the process, I'd be happy to write the AppleScript that would work Disk Copy, and change file types and creators...

Any suggestions are welcomed,

Chris
--
The plan was simple.  Unfortunately, so was Bullwinkle.