Re: touble making Power Mac 7200 boot directly into Linux

Hi Michael,
	I'm also running debian on a 7200. Unlike Adam but like Ethan's friend,
the last kernel I could got running was 2.2.14. I have tried 2.2.15 and
2.2.16 and neither would work. I have yet to compile my own kernel
though so maybe something will be different there. I have tried a kernel
that someone else (I forget who. I'll have to check my emails) compiled
for me for my machine but that did not work. Sorry that I did not
respond sooner but I have beeen away from the list for a while. I had
much the same problems as you when I installed. The kernel I am
currently running I took off the ppc ftpsite since at the time the
kernel installed by debian would not boot. If you look at the ppc faq
you might find some interesting info too (I did). If you have anymore
problems.... email me. I might be able to help (and then again. not).

James