Re: Java development on debian ppc

[This is *not* PowerPC-specific at all, I suggest to move it to debian-java.]

On Tuesday 27 June 2000, at 12 h 27,
Stephen Judd <stephen@cyberelves.co.nz> wrote:

> I installed jikes so I could do some Java hacking.
>
> jikes complains that it cannot find stuff:
>
> *** Error: Could not find package named:
>                 /usr/share/java/repository/java/util

This is *normal* jikes behaviour. It doesn't come with the predefined Java
classes (java.lang.*, java.util.*, etc).

The best solution, IMHO, is to install kaffe and to tell jikes to use kaffe's
classes. that way, you have a 100 % Free Java:

setenv CLASSPATH /usr/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar

You may fill a wishlist bug against jikes but I warn you it is not an obvious
issue.

--
http://www.debian.org/~bortz/