Re: Xpmac.deb

I have both Xpmac and gpm. Here are the relevant settings:
(Note I have to use different keycodes to use F9 as middle- and F10 as
right button -- YMMV).

Kernel arguments in BootX:
adbuttons=101,109

/etc/gdm/gdm.conf (only the relevant section):
[servers]
0=/usr/bin/X11/X vt7 -depth 16 -middlekey 109 -rightkey 117 -nooptionmouse -once dpms r -f 0 +kb

#  /etc/gpm.conf - configuration file for gpm(1)
device=/dev/adbmouse
responsiveness=
repeat_type=
type=bm
append="-g2 -l \"a-zA-Z0-9_.:~/\300-\326\330-\366\370-\377\""

(/etc/gpm-root.conf out of the box)

[andre@mir ~]$ ls -la /dev/adbmouse
crw-rw----    1 root     root      10,  10 Apr 10 04:13 /dev/adbmouse
[andre@mir ~]$ ls -la /dev/mouse
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            8 Jun  1 11:52 /dev/mouse -> adbmouse
[andre@mir ~]$ ls -la /dev/gpmctl
srwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            0 Jun 26 01:57 /dev/gpmctl

Selected text (give an extra tip on the touchpad if you use it as the
button) can also be pasted with option-Trackpad; this
won't work if you switch from X to console or vice versa, and may
according to a security setting (see man gpm), not work between
different consoles either.

HTH
Andre