Re: 2ndRequest-XF86ConfigForPowerbook(Lombard)

Don't know anything about newer PBs; on my 3400, I have switched to
Xpmac which doesn't need an XF86Config but is configured by command
line arguments. You would have to get it (probably from LinuxPPC,
sorry I've lost the URL -- anyone?), then alien the rpm.

I've changed the relevant section of /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf:

[servers]
0=/usr/bin/X11/X vt7 -depth 16 -middlekey 109 -rightkey 117 \
-nooptionmouse -once dpms r -f 0 +kb

which is of course just an example. You can add graphic chip specific
options too.

-fix4mb                process 4MB boundary for Matrox MGA2x64
-tt128                 enforce TwinTurbo128 acceleration without video driver
-ct6555                enforce C&T 6555x acceleration without video driver
-mach64                enforce Mach64 acceleration without video driver

HTH
Andre