Re: compilation

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 11:45:39AM +0200, Andre Berger wrote:
> I'm still trying in vain to compile a kernel that would boot my PB
> 3400 (potato), recent versions of
> kernel-patch-2.2.15-powerpc,
> kernel-source-2.2.15
>
> I did
> # make menuconfig
> and used the default settings which should work, shouldn't they.

Nope.  Copy a config (probably pmac) from
/usr/src/kernel-patches/powerpc.

> # make-kpkg clean
> # make-kpkg --revision=PB.1.0 kernel_image

Try:

# PATCH_THE_KERNEL=yes make-kpkg --revision=PB.1.0 kernel_image

> and this produced a kernel image which I installed via dpkg. I copied
> /boot/vmlinux-2.2.15 to my Mac-partition and tried to boot it via
> BootX. But the kernel gives me a machine check error (mm or mmu
> problem).

I bet that's the PC serial driver - you started with a mostly i386
.config.

> BTW The only reason why I want to compile this kernel is
> PCMCIA. Perhaps someone would just send me the modules (and pcmcia-cs) I
> would need with kernel-image-2.2.15?

There's a pcmcia-modules-2.2.15-pmac package, that should match the
kernels currently in the archive...

Dan