Re: deb-ppc: X server debian packages ?

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 08:10:31PM -0400, Nelson Abramson wrote:
> Clay Ginsburg wrote:

> > as far as X not working, i think we can start a club :).
> > Unfortunately i don't know enough to fix the stuff and people who do
> > seem to be busy finishing up potato, so we are in a rock and hard
> > place.

I got X running on my powerbook with Xpmac.  I found the binary in an rpm.
Does anyone know if there is source to this Xpmac.

As far as I can tell, you must currently always boot the Lombard (that's
the 1999 bronze keyboard powermac) with bootx.  The framebuffer driver
doesn't seem to initialize it correctly if you use yaboot.

I will probably try XF4 at some point.

Dave Brown