Re: Problem Debian Apus rescue.bin

I sent this to Bjorn but thought I would send it to the list as well to see
if anyone has any ideas on my problem.

Howdy Björn

I noticed that you have Debian2.2 running on ur PPC. I am trying to install
DebianApus here but am running into weird problems. First of all what are u
using for a Bootsrap? I tried Amiboot-5.6 from the Debian68k install but it
doesn't have a --apus option. I am trying to use Bootstrap from the RedHat
Apus install but I can only get as far as "Install Operating System &
Kernels" secton of the dbootstrap. It says the "Attempt to extract the
Rescue Floppy from disk failed. -Bad Address

When I go to the 'Alt-F3' screen I get:

user.info dbootstrap[27]: nofile
found, kernel not in default location

user.err dbootstrap[27]: set_loop couldn't create a loop device for

user.err dbootstrap[27]: extracting Rescue Floppy from non-floppy device
/instmnt/debian failed with -1

Here's my 'Start-Install Script'
run >NIL: c:lxwoshack
bootstrap --apus -m memfile1 -k linux -r root.bin root=/dev/ram

the memfile is something that I am playing around with. So far it makes no
difference, with or without it.

Does any of this mean anything to you? I am farly new to this Linux thing
but I did have the Debian 68k up and running with xwindows and gnome for a
few months. I also have Red Hat Apus on a seperate hard disk. It needs
work, but I am more interested in trying to get Debian Apus working on my
system. (see my sig)

P.S. Also I am running Warpup with the PPCLibemu. The Linux partitions are
on a dedicated 1.2 gig fujitsu hooked up to a A2091. I had Debian 68k
sucsessfully running on the same drive before and just tried the 68k
install again, no problems. The SDA1 is on an Amiga partition.

         Craig Bowling  Amateur Radio VE6AAT  Team AMIGA
 Amiga 4000 146 Megs  604e 233 Mhz. OS3.5 CVPPC 8 Megs  4xCD/Zip
    IP Address:                ICQ UIN: 22780506
      Specializing in Graphics Reconstuction and Enhancement
                Amiga + PPC = Love at 1st Byte!