always trying to boot a 2.3.49 kernel on ppc architecture

Hi all,

In view to work with rtlinux on my MVME2301 I'm trying to boot a 2.3.49
kernel on it.

I get the follwing error :
kmem_alloc: NULL ptr (name=unknown)
I've traced it in a call to kmalloc in
request_region (kernel/resource.c)
in prep_setup_arch (arch/ppc/kernel/prep_setup.c)
in setup_arch (arch/ppc/kernel/setup.c)
in init (init/main.c)

but before doing any call to kmalloc one need to call kmem_cache_sizes_init
which is done in init but after the call to setup_arch.

I'm not a kernel modifier so I don't know how to fix this for my architecture

If somebody have any idea I will be glad to try it.

Thanks
O+ xavier

PS: I have tryed to send something to the MVME2301 expert Matt Porter but
it was at a motorola address. I hope to have more chance with an other
adress...

grave@ipno.in2p3.fr
33 (0) 1 69 15 79 59

                  ,/{}