Re: trouble with kernel&modules (or am I stupid?)

Örjan Kaddik <kaddik@telia.com> writes:

> Hi everybody!
>
> Im trying to install kernel and modules on a PowerCenter 150(/w
> g3-300 upgrade), without any luck!
> w. dbootstrap:
> First: trouble mounting loop-device, rescue.bin & driver-1.bin, pmac

You need a kernel with a loop-device for this to work.  In the end, if
you're using bootx, you don't need to install a kernel.  As for the
modules, you will probably have to manually untar them into the
appropriate subdir of /lib/modules.  But for now, just skip this step
and continue with the install.  Once you get your base system
installed and configured, you can worry about your modules.

HTH,

cbb