Re: yaboot errors on g4

I've managed to yaboot to work from a zip disk and install the debian base2_2.tgz.
I still have to boot into OF and type "boot zip:,yaboot" but at least it works.
I deleted the Linux_PPC partitions and recreated them with pdisk.  I also got rid of the 2T of extra
space on the hard disk that pdisk was reporting.  I did not reinitialise the partition table because I
have data on the partitions at the moment.  I recopied the yaboot files to /dev/hda2 using mkofboot but
it still can't read the config file.  I will try changing hd:,\\yaboot to hd:,yaboot and see if that
makes any difference.
I'm getting there slowly.  I have managed to break to a terminal and do an apt-get update so hopefully
this might fix some installation problems.

Thanks for all your help and I will inform you of my results.
Brendan Simon.