Further Information on X problem

Ok.

$> startx -- -mach64

Screen blacks, then grey screen shows up for a second (usual X first starting
screen), then it aborts and goes back to original screen which says:

<snip>
Running in mode=0, debth=32; req mode=0 depth=0
Using VT number 7
Mapped frame buffer ......(some physical memory addresses)
<snip>
Mach64 detected.  Mapping regsiter ...
<snip>
Mach64 successfully mapped.  Starting acceleration
PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file Roman_M
mach64CreateGC:  unsupported depth: 8.  Using cfCreateGC instead.
mach64CreateGC:  unsupported depth: 15.  Using cfCreateGC instead.

waiting for X server to shutdown PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX
font file Roman_M
mach64CreateGC:  unsupported depth: 8.  Using cfCreateGC instead.
mach64CreateGC:  unsupported depth: 15.  Using cfCreateGC instead.

$>

That is all that I have and more than I know.  Thanks to all who replied to my
last message.

-Lang