Re: Re-compiling the kernel for 8500 PPC

Paul McAvoy wrote:

> Hi, this is a general request for comments on re-compiling the kernel on this
> platform.  I was able to install debian ppc on, and use some pre-compiled
> kernels.  It seems however that every kernel I re-compile ( ppc, CHIRP, etc )
> wont boot.  Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

If you rsync from Paul's tree, (something like rsync -rvz
linuxcare.com.au::linux-pmac-stable /usr/src/linux-pmac-stable ) the config file
that is included *should* boot all pmacs...  that should give you a starting
point from which to configure...

HTH
--Nelson Abramson

--
Shouldn't people be arrested and persecuted for engaging in their
constitutional rights?  http://www.opendvd.org