Re: pdisk and OS9

Ethan Benson wrote:

> > I'm not sure how you would go about getting a good partition table.  I have had
> > problems w/ fdisk reading partition tables created by apple drive setup (and
> > even pdisk).  It forces me to destroy the existing partition table and create a
> > new one...  I might try creating linux partitions or blank hfs partitions w/
> > drive setup and just mounting them in the installer (and obviously formating
> > them)
>
> not a good idea, the type will then be Apple_HFS and macos will
> `helpfully' want to erase them at every bootup when it sees there is
> no real hfs filesystem on them.

Hmm...that only happened when I used fdisk in the installer; it worked fine when
I just skipped fdisk.

> Drive setup will not allow you to create it with the special type
> (Apple_Bootstrap) which is required if you wnat it to remian bootable
> without screwing with OF, if Macos is allows to mount it, it will
> procede to make it unbootable. (reminds me of win95 overwriting
> lilo...)

Hmm, okay.  I only used yaboot, which works fine off of an hfs partition.

HTH
--Nelson Abramson

--
Shouldn't people be arrested and persecuted for engaging in their
constitutional rights?  http://www.opendvd.org