pdisk and OS9

Hi,
I have an iBook (Family #M2453) running OS9 with MAC OS ROM 3.1.1.
The hard drive reports as a Toshiba MK3211MAT and the driver version is
reported as 3.2.4 in OS9. The pdisk version appears to be 0.7.

When I run pdisk -l /dev/hda I get the error: 	ATAPI-couldn't get info
	or not LBA capable.
When I run pdisk with -L I get the errors:
	pdisk:Cant read block 0 from ' /dev/ata0.0 '
	ATA- couldn't get info
	pdisk:Cant read block 0 from ' /dev/ata0.1 '
	ATA- couldn't get info
	pdisk:Cant read block 0 from ' /dev/ata1.0 '
	ATA- couldn't get info
	pdisk:Cant read block 0 from ' /dev/ata1.1 '
	ATA- couldn't get info
If I have a CD-ROM mounted pdisk will report its file system properly
but still cant see the hard drive file system.

Is there a newer version of pdisk that can help me, and if not are
there any other utilities that I can use to make a Apple_Bootstrap
partition, or at least see the partition information of the hard drive.

I would also like to know what sound chipset and ethernet chipset (read
what drivers are needed for Linux) are in the iBook and what the
development status is for them.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Frank Stine