mpg123 endianness

>From time to time (every few months) I play MP3 files. As you can probably
guess, it no longer works (again). It looks like every few months, someone
changes the code, because sometimes the mpg123 deb works fine, and sometimes it
doesn't.

Even --8bit gives the same noise, so it must be mpg123 that treats the low and
high byte incorrectly.

I tried to take a look at it, but I don't have much time for sound issues so I
stopped when I saw the source deb doesn't even build:

| callisto$ debian/rules build
| make linuxppc
| make[1]: Entering directory `/space/tmp/mpg123-0.59q'
| make[1]: *** No rule to make target `linuxppc'.  Stop.
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/space/tmp/mpg123-0.59q'
| make: *** [build] Error 2
| callisto$

For reference, I have CS4236 sound.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,