Re: APUS hardware support?

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Gianluca Renzi wrote:
> >> So, you mean that the Amiga4000 has no PCI? When I bought an Infinitiv
> > The plain A4000 has no PCI.
> >> for my A1200, there were instructions which told me that EVEN THIS tower
> >> model(zorro-version) had 2 PCI:s. So you mean that the Infinitiv
> >> manufucturer have lied?
> > Since many Amiga graphics boards have a FPGA to convert from Zorro to PCI,
> > it's possible that the Infinitiv tower has such a thing.
> > IIRC, the DKB Wildfire accelerator also has a local PCI bus. It even has a
> > DEC21041 Ethernet chip, so they even implemented PCI bus mastering (which
> > is not needed for graphics cards and hence not implemented in e.g. the
> > Cybervision 64).
> Stop! Wait! What a hell are you talking about?
> No Classic Amiga has "Live" PCI Connector! Micronik's Zorro BUS (Zorro II or

No, but some accelerator cards have a PCI bus (without connectors).

> Zorro III) has ISA Slots and PCI Slots only for a BridgeBoard or CPU Intel
> Board (all in one computer board) and they are unconnected thru the Zorro
> bus!

IC.

> AFAIK only the BoXer has Live PCI Connector bridged thru the Zorro III bus
> board implementation.

And the Wildfire. It has 2 (nonstandard) PCI connectors.

> CyberVision64 and CVision64/3D and Picasso IV and CVisionPPC and BVisionPPC
> have a custom bridge converter from PCI to Zorro II/III. So no PCI Card can
> be used directly into any Amiga.

I know.

> Sorry for that! Even the AteoBus Board is a custom ISA2Zorro Bridge
> Connector so only using their library ISA Cards are seen to Amiga if
> correct driver is written. (i.e.Pixel64 and GD5434.driver!!)

It's a shame Ateo Concepts doesn't one to tell how to program their hardware.
Just ignore them, and tell they why you do.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org

							    -- Linus Torvalds