Powerprint anyone?

Greetings,

I bought a LaserJet 1100 from a catalog, and it came with PowerPrint,
which is a device to connect a Mac serial port to the printer's parallel
port along with some drivers.

How can I tell Linux I want to print to the serial port?  I'd like to
try sending lj4 commands to the serial port before contacting the
manufacturer about specs, but setting /dev/ttyS1 as the device doesn't
seem to work...

Any ideas, or better, PowerPrint experience?

Thanks,

      Adam Powell                     http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/
      Thomas B. King Assistant Professor of Materials Engineering
      77 Massachusetts Ave. Rm. 4-117         Phone (617) 452-2086
      Cambridge, MA 02139 USA                   Fax (617) 253-5418