Re: Xpmac

FASSINO Jean-Philippe wrote:

> I think the frame-buffer (atyfb) kernel does not run with a external
> monitor.
> Because in MacOS, when bouting the display change in dual screen (LCD
> + monitor).
> When booting linux with BootX, the FB does not reconize the dual
> screen.
> It does not use it and does not change to mono screen. Then the
> display is bad!
>
> Is there are a solution for that  ?

Does atyfb work with XF68_FBDev at all?  I tried it just a couple of
weeks ago with no luck, same as since I first tried it 6 months ago.
Empty white screen, cursor appears if you move it fast, and doesn't
erase so you get a trail of cursors.  (Jean-Philippe, is this similar to
what you see?)

(Built-in mach64 on Starmax=Pmac 4400, 2.2.12 stock and patched, 2.2.13
stock; latest potato everything.)

      Adam Powell                     http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/
      Thomas B. King Assistant Professor of Materials Engineering
      77 Massachusetts Ave. Rm. 4-117         Phone (617) 452-2086
      Cambridge, MA 02139 USA                   Fax (617) 253-5418