Re: Need your input for keymap configuration

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 06:57:26PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Juri Jensen wrote:
> > To add to this discussion about keymaps, here's some of my experiences:
> >
> > I'm from Denmark and I'm using both i386 and PPC Debian Linux. Getting a
> > working keymap on the i386 machine hasn't been a big problem, but
> > getting one on the PPC indeed has; I've tried using the same as on the
> > i386 resulting in a unusable keyboard - the i386 ones does *not* work
> > with the PPC.
> >
> > Oh, and as as a note - it's a PowerBook and a PowerMac I'm using...
>
> That's because you have a map. The standard PC (`i386') keymap works with my
> CHRP box. Keyboard types don't depend on CPU.

Ok, I see. But then is it hard to hack these keymaps to get a working
one for PowerMac keyboards...?

> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
> --
> Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org
>
> In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
> when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
> 							    -- Linus Torvalds
>

> --

mvh./Best regards
Juri

  Juri Jensen
  Pingvin Partner - Linux løsninger
  Linux server installation & administration
  Member of the worlds largest Linux User Group: SSLUG (www.sslug.dk)
  email: juri_j@get2net.dk
  The Artist, seeking beauty, discovers truth;
  The Scientist, seeking truth, discovers beauty.